Would you like to join CASART?
You may be able to help us even if you're not ready for a full day of searching in the field. There are many ways individuals of all sizes and shapes help us in our mission. Many members only help with administration or logistics when CASART is activated and their contributions are vital to our performance. Every member brings value to our organization regardless of the form of their contribution. Here is a list of CASART's types of membership:
1. Administrative Members - must be at least 18 years old and are not required to be certified in a outdoor search and rescue activities. These members serve in a variety of capacities, such as board members, on committees, and as dispatchers, etc. Ongoing training is provided by CASART. Here is a list of training goals for Administrative Members to achieve.
2. Active Field Members - must be at least 18 years old and be certified in Basic Wildlands Search Skills. These are our active searchers. Once you have received the minimum basic DEC training you can participate in Search and Rescue operations and you select the types of searches you'll be activated for. For instance you may be comfortable on rugged terrain in the summer months but not be prepared to participate in winter searches. Field Members are expected to attend at least one mock search and rescue drill per year, attempt to attend other training sessions and participate in as many Search and Rescue missions as possible or at least one (1) per year. Ongoing training is provided by CASART. Here is a list of training goals for Active Field Members to achieve.
3. Professional Members - are individuals who voluntarily contribute their professional services for the betterment of the Corporation and may be awarded this membership by a plurality of the votes cast at any regular membership meeting.
4. Honorary Members - Organizations and Non-member individuals who have benefited the search and rescue community may be awarded this membership by a plurality of the votes cast at any regular membership meeting.
5. Associate Members - are member affiliated with CASART that assist in activities, support and organizational procedures, but are not active in field searches. Fund raising, political and DEC liaison are examples. This is a non-voting membership.
Here is a a list of Member Expectations
Would you like to join the team?
You can also pay via Paypal here, but don't forget you must pass a State and Federal Background Check, then mail or email the membership form.
If you have further questions and would like to talk with someone from CASART, email or write us and we'll respond as soon as possible.
Copyright, CASART, Inc.